At Wag n Watch Pet Sitters, we are dedicated to hiring the best, most caring and qualified pet lovers. We hand select and run each walker/sitter through a criminal background check in addition to verifying professional references.
We are looking for a mature person to join our team of dog walkers for the Burlington/Aldershot area. This is an independent contractor position. We are looking for a minimum one-year contract with the possibility to extend. The ideal candidate must have consistent availability Monday to Friday between the hours of 10am-3pm.
This would be perfect for someone who is serious about working, finished with the corporate world, retired or semi-retired. While this job can be very rewarding for someone who loves animals, it is not always easy. Occasionally, there will be challenges. You must be able to walk in all types of weather and have the availability for occasional evenings and weekends.
- Experience in Animal Care (1-2 years preferred)
- Reliable transportation is mandatory
- Valid G driver's license and insurance
- Knowledge of dog body language and behavior is an asset
- Must be fully accessible through email, text and cell phone
- Must reside in Burlington
- Willing to board dogs in your home is an asset
- Chosen candidate must provide a current criminal background check
If you think you have what it takes and want to join our team, please complete our employment interest form. In your cover letter, please tell us a bit about yourself, your ideal dog walking workday, and any dog handling experience (if applicable).