Puppy Obedience Training
Live a Happier Life Together with Your Dog
Dog and puppy training classes traditionally happen in groups in a central location convenient to the dog owners and with the number of dogs in the class convenient for the trainer. But does this environment work for the dog being trained? No. For a number of reasons this format for dog training classes sets the dog up for failure before the class has even begun, including:
- The majority of dog behavioral problems happen in the home and training a dog at an alternate location means the trainer relies on a human’s interpretation and description of a dog’s bad behaviour, rather than seeing it themselves. This means the dog trainer is unable to properly assess the human and dog body language, plus the environmental factors that are affecting or causing problem behaviours.
- The dog is distracted by the other dogs in the class, often feels over-excited or stressed, and is unable to concentrate.
- The dog trainer is unable to give individual attention and advice to your unique situation in a group environment.
Wag N Watch Pet Sitters Home Dog Training Overcomes Obstacles!
The Wag N Watch model of dog training classes is designed specifically to overcome these obstacles and get your dog’s training off on the ‘right paw’ from the word go. Our dog training classes take place in your home - this is convenient for you and, more importantly, overcomes all the downfalls of the traditional group model of dog training:
- Most of a dog’s bad behaviour happens in the home environment, so having the dog training take place at home means that, as well as hearing your description of the dog’s behaviour, the trainer is able to assess the non-verbal communication that is happening between you and your dog and then teach you how to manage each situation.
- With just your family and your dog attending the class, the trainer is able to give individual attention and advice and offer a customized plan for how to improve your dog’s behaviour in your unique situation.
- Your dog won’t be distracted, feel stressed or over-excited about being in a group with other dogs and will therefore be able to concentrate and learn more easily.
- We use positive, fear-free techniques based on proven behavioural science.
Puppy Training Program
6 Weekly Private In-Home Sessions - $450 plus HST
Our puppy training program covers the following:
- House breaking
- The benefits of crate training
- Diet and good food manners
- Recall - coming when called
- Gate and door control
- Sit, stay and down training
- Correct holding of the leash and walking
- Walking to heel
- Distance control (staying with you when there are other distractions)
- How to successfully socialize your puppy
- Accustoming your puppy to being handled
- Bad behaviour management and prevention e.g., jumping up, mouthing, play biting and chewing